classified (See classify)
1 arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?" [syn: class, sort, assort, sort out, separate]
2 declare unavailable, as for security reasons; "Classify these documents" [ant: declassify]
3 assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms" [syn: relegate] [also: classified]classified adj
1 arranged into classes [ant: unclassified]
2 official classification of information or documents; withheld from general circulation; "thousands of classified documents have now been declassified" [ant: unclassified]
- past of classify
- Make sure all the field observations are classified by species.
- National security information formally assigned by governments to one of several
levels of sensitivity, usually (in English) top secret,
secret, confidential, and, in some
countries, restricted; thereby making
disclosure to unauthorized persons illegal.
- We do not discuss specific interrogation techniques because they are classified information.
- Any information a person or organization does not wish
- I won't say who I'm going to the prom with; that's classified.
Classified may refer to:
- Classified information, sensitive information to which access is restricted by law or regulation to particular classes of people.
- Classified advertising
- Classified (band), an alternative rock band from Galway city, Ireland.
- Classified (rapper), rapper from Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Classified (album), a Sweetbox album released in 2001
- Classified (Bond album) — a Bond album released in 2005.
- Classified'' (song), a song by Pete Townshend
classified in Simple English: Classified
aligned, arcane, arranged, arrayed, assorted, cabalistic, cataloged, categorized, censored, close, closed, composed, concealed, constituted, cryptic, dark, disposed, enigmatic, esoteric, filed, fixed, graded, grouped, harmonized, hermetic, hidden, hierarchic, hush-hush, indexed, latent, marshaled, methodized, mysterious, normalized, occult, on file, ordered, orderly, organized, pigeonholed, placed, pyramidal, ranged, ranked, rated, regularized, regulated, restricted, routinized, secret, smothered, sorted, standardized, stifled, stratified, suppressed, synchronized, systematized, tabular, top secret, ulterior, unbreatheable, under security, under wraps, undisclosable, undisclosed, undivulgable, undivulged, unrevealable, unrevealed, unspoken, untellable, untold, unutterable, unuttered, unwhisperable